[PlanetCCRMA] Snd, pd, or CSound?

Luc Tanguay lucus@sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 3 15:34:00 2006

Here my 2c.

csound will let you do whatever noise you want.  Very powerful but a
steep learning curve (as you said).  Great if you want to do sound
experiment.  It is a language to create sound, and if you have the time,
music...  The Csound community seems to be very active (take a look at
'blue' http://www.csounds.com/stevenyi/blue/ ).

SND is more like Audacity or Rezound.  You manipulate sound created by
some other means.

As for 'pd' I have no experience with it.

Luc