[PlanetCCRMA] compiling the planetCCRMA kernel

Wed Aug 30 10:41:29 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 23:37 -0400, Rich E wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems this topic has been discussed a couple times, but I still
> cannot find any clear directions for recompiling PlanetCCRMA's kernel
> from source.  This is necessary in my case because the PlanetCCRMA
> kernel doesn't include the Wacom drivers from the Linux-Wacom project.
> So (in Fedora) I have to throw in some source files from Linux-Wacom
> and rebuild..
>
> They have some instructions for recompiling Fedora's kernel at
> http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/debwacomnosrc
>
> but this doesn't work for the PlanetCCRMA kernel. I get the sources,
> rpm -ivh them and do:
>
>  rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel.spec
>  Building target platforms: i686
>  Building for target i686
>  error: line 203: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_'
> or '/': Prereq: %{kernel_prereq}

When building you have to define a macro according to the distro you
want to build for (all in one line):

rpmbuild -bp --define "fc5 1"
--target=i686 /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel.spec

or "fc4 1" for fc4... (I use the same spec file for both distros)

-- Fernando