[PlanetCCRMA] compiling the planetCCRMA kernel

Rich E reakinator@gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 20:38:00 2006

------=_Part_20230_23337447.1156909054583

Hello,

It seems this topic has been discussed a couple times, but I still cannot
find any clear directions for recompiling PlanetCCRMA's kernel from source.
This is necessary in my case because the PlanetCCRMA kernel doesn't include
the Wacom drivers from the Linux-Wacom project.  So (in Fedora) I have to
throw in some source files from Linux-Wacom and rebuild..

They have some instructions for recompiling Fedora's kernel at
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/debwacomnosrc

but this doesn't work for the PlanetCCRMA kernel. I get the sources, rpm
-ivh them and do:

 rpmbuild -bp --target=i686 /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel.spec
 Building target platforms: i686
 Building for target i686
 error: line 203: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or
'/': Prereq: %{kernel_prereq}

It would be nice to have this process documented since, as Nando mentions,
there are still many patches that aren't included in the PlanetCCRMA
package.  I would like to be able to work from this package since it is well
developed, but it would be nice to be able to customize things also..

Cheers,
Rich

------=_Part_20230_23337447.1156909054583

Hello,<br><br>It seems this topic has been discussed a couple times, but I still cannot find any clear directions for recompiling PlanetCCRMA's kernel from source.&nbsp; This is necessary in my case because the PlanetCCRMA kernel doesn't include the Wacom drivers from the Linux-Wacom project.&nbsp; So (in Fedora) I have to throw in some source files from Linux-Wacom and rebuild..

------=_Part_20230_23337447.1156909054583--