[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA-FC5 isos?

Wed Aug 9 10:18:01 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 14:34 +0200, Peter Baumgartner wrote:
> Hi @ all,
> 2nd trial (1st seems to be gone to /dev/null):
>
> I tried to upgrade my studio machine to FC5. Installation went without
> problems, but at reboot it hangs up completely at "starting udev...".

Upgraded from what?
Can you boot into rescue mode from the fc5 dvd?

Could you try to edit the kernel boot line and erase the "rhgb quiet"
that is at the end? You may see more error messages that may point to
the real problem.

> Hardware is a Compaq EVO 6000 (dual xeon 2,2). On a AMD64 in the office
> it runs, so the DVD seems to be OK - and no, I did not try to install
> the 64-bit version on the i386 ;-)).
> Is there already a DVD-iso of FC5-CCRMA available on the main site or a
> Mirror?

No, sorry, there is no Planet CCRMA dvd iso for fc5 so far...
I don't think it would solve the problem anyway.

-- Fernando