[PlanetCCRMA] re: no realtime

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Oct 31 04:27:01 2005

I'm using pam-0.77-66.2.13 (the newest update) on machines here.

I just tested qjackctl and checked the messages on this machine running FC3 with 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma, and checked on another running FC3 with 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma.

Both work fine in real time with no error messages.

When I 1st downloaded the updates(synaptic, download only) I saw that we were getting a pam update;  which set off my own flags from previous pam updates.  I went ahead and upgraded pam and did notice that it left my customized /etc/security/console.perms alone on this machine.  It updated the console.perms on the 2nd machine mentioned though(that one was never modified).

So, I don't know what to say?

-----

On another note...

This is for Fernando,

I'm running the "stock" FC3 kernel on the 2nd machine because I can't run the newest FC edge kernel(2.6.12-0.21.rdt) on that machine.  It seems that there is a problem with the mtpav kernel module on the that kernel.  I realized that this kernel is kind of old so I didn't bother mentioning this before.  I also haven't had the time to try compiling one of the newest kernels and patches to test if this is a problem just with this kernel or the driver itself with the newer experimental patches.

Tracey.