[PlanetCCRMA] Creative Sound Blaster Live wrongly recognized as Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum;

Tue Oct 25 13:21:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:34 +0100, Mirco wrote:
> I am having a small problem with my Sound Blaster Live 24Bit sound card
> which is automatically recognized by alsa as sound Blaster Audigy PLatinum.
> The driver that gets assigned automatically is the CA0106 (alsamixer)
> which only enables one out of the two output channels and stops me from
> using all my five speakers.(4+subwoofer).
> is there any way of unloading the whole sound module and then reloading
> a different one (emu10k1) to suit better the capabilties of my sound card?

You can use /sbin/rmmod followed by the kernel module name to unload any
module (that is not in use, of course).

You could also edit /etc/modprobe.conf and replace the module name there
with the one you are interested in, then do a "/sbin/depmod -a" to
reparse it. After that, starting again alsa (you could use
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound script) will load (or rather, try to
load) the module you selected.

-- Fernando