[PlanetCCRMA] What is the latest kernel avialable?

Tue Oct 25 13:26:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 17:41 +0100, Mirco wrote:
> I am curently using the 2.6.12ccrma kernel on fedora core 4 and would
> like to kno wether there are any newer kernel avialable as in my
> apt-list there doesn't seem to be any newer one although i saw something
> mentioned about a new kernelin the ccrma forum?

The newest kernel for FC4 in the planetcore repository is:
  kernel-2.6.12-0.21.rdt
There is a newer one in the planetedge repository:
  kernel-2.6.13-0.3.rdt
To access the (more experimental) edge repository you need to add a line
to your apt sources configuration file. If you are running FC4 that
should be:
  /etc/apt/sources.list.d/planetccrma.list
Just duplicate the "planetcore" line and replace "planetcore" with
"planetedge". "apt-get update" and then "apt-get install kernel" will
give you which kernel options you have available.

I'm working on newer kernels but they still have issues with SMP (multi
processor) setups...

-- Fernando