[PlanetCCRMA] Creative Sound Blaster Live wrongly recognized as Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum;

Mirco mircobeaker@gawab.com
Tue Oct 25 05:36:01 2005

I am having a small problem with my Sound Blaster Live 24Bit sound card
which is automatically recognized by alsa as sound Blaster Audigy PLatinum.
The driver that gets assigned automatically is the CA0106 (alsamixer)
which only enables one out of the two output channels and stops me from
using all my five speakers.(4+subwoofer).
is there any way of unloading the whole sound module and then reloading
a different one (emu10k1) to suit better the capabilties of my sound card?

Thanks

Mirco