[PlanetCCRMA] Suspend to RAM and automatic shutdown

Robert Jonkman yeahtuna@lansoundstream.com
Wed Oct 12 00:21:02 2005

First I would like to thank everyone for helping me get my laptop
running smoothly wiht Planet CCRMA.  I used to think using LINUX was
just a dream and that it would always just be something to play around
with as opposed to real working environment.

I've just got the suspend to RAM working...well sort of.  I had to cheat
a little.  What's happening is that after I wake up the computer,
something is calling /sbin/shutdown -now.  I got that from the logs.  My
simple and inelegant workaround was to rename /sbin/shutdown to
shutdown_bk.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this
problem.  I use a sleep.sh script to suspend the computer but I don't
see anything in there that's calling /sbin/shutdown.  Thanks again.