[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio Audiophile USB

Michael Peters mpeters@plusthree.com
Sat Oct 1 12:26:01 2005

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Michael Peters wrote:
>

>> But that still leaves me with the problem of having it appear in the
>> connection window, audio tab under Qjackctl. The midi appears just fine.
>> Any pointers?
>>

> Let me clarify something I believe you're missing:
>
> If you're seeing at least one "alsa_pcm" entry under the Audio
> connections tab, than that's a sign that things are working properly, as
> expected. Those are the official names for the client ports that
> represent your soundcard interface, as thru the designated ALSA JACK
> backend. You must have jackd started alright, before you see anything of
> this.

I do see one alsa_pcm (with capture1, capture2, playback1, playback2)
but I see that one without the usb m-audio audiophile connected. I know
that one works as I played with recording from the on-board sound card
(intel8x0) when I was just getting started.

Since the USB card doesn't come with a mixer how do I select the
inputs/outputs of it rather than the onboard sound card? I assumed they
would show up in the connect window in qjackctl and I could pick from there.

> OTOH, the names that you see under the MIDI connections tab are those of
> ALSA Sequencer's, not JACK's. All ALSA Sequencer connection/patchbay
> functionality is a QjackCtl convenience, not part of JACK, and is
> readily available even though jackd is not started.

Ok, so the sequencer seems to be working fine.

--
Michael Peters
Developer