[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio Audiophile USB

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Sat Oct 1 12:07:01 2005

Michael Peters wrote:

> But that still leaves me with the problem of having it appear in the
> connection window, audio tab under Qjackctl. The midi appears just fine.
> Any pointers?

Let me clarify something I believe you're missing:

If you're seeing at least one "alsa_pcm" entry under the Audio
connections tab, than that's a sign that things are working properly, as
expected. Those are the official names for the client ports that
represent your soundcard interface, as thru the designated ALSA JACK
backend. You must have jackd started alright, before you see anything of
this.

OTOH, the names that you see under the MIDI connections tab are those of
ALSA Sequencer's, not JACK's. All ALSA Sequencer connection/patchbay
functionality is a QjackCtl convenience, not part of JACK, and is
readily available even though jackd is not started.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org