[PlanetCCRMA] Pulling USB cable on FC2 machine causes keyboard and network to crash...

Martin Visser Martin Visser <martinvisser99@gmail.com>
Thu Mar 31 18:32:01 2005

I get occasionally get this problem as well. If jack "zombifies"
(usually after launching a few different GUI based audio apps), and
jack won't restart, if I just pull the Tascam US-122 often the
keyboard is totally locked out (mouse still works, network etc).
Killing X or going to the CLI console doesn't work.

I found that if jack and alsa crash i get better luck with a sequence of
1.  "/etc/init.d/alsasound stop"
2. Remove the tascam
3.  "/etc/init.d/alsasound start"
4. Plug in tascam
5. Restart jack.

BTW I am using FC3 and I was almost going to try going back to FC2 to
see if this problem isn't there. Clearly it might not make a
difference.

(I am going to try out Agnula DeMuDi tonight to see if this problem
also occurs there)