[PlanetCCRMA] Failure starting ALSA with an MAudio Delta 66

Simon Schampijer simon.schampijer@nuim.ie
Thu Mar 31 02:29:01 2005

Hi,
In January 2005 two users were reporting having problems
with starting alsa using a Maudio delta 66. Running Fedora3
and planetccrma i'm facing the same problems:
When I do start alsasound I get:

Shutting down sound driver                                 [
 OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [
 OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [
 OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl:
load_state:1272: No soundcards found... [FAILED]

envy24control starts correctly and when I start pd for
example
(alsa enabled) pd doesn't complain and i can see an output
in
envy24control but no sound. I also tried to do a
/usr/sbin/alsactl store and restore but when i stop
alsasound and start it again i get the same error message.
Anyone solved the problem yet? Any hint would be
appreciated.

Best Regards
Simon