[PlanetCCRMA] using zynaddsubfx with soundtracker

Tue Mar 15 10:21:00 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 16:30, nigel henry wrote:
> I've got an app called making waves, a stepsequencer on Win XP. The nearest
> thing I can find for use on Linix is a tracker. Dl'd soundtracker from ccrma
> and it seems to work with my .wav files ok. Is there a way I can use
> zynaddsubfx to record live sound onto the soundtracker, a loopback device for
> instance. Nigel.

Both soundtracker and zynaddsubfx can use Jack. So, if Jack is running
and both apps are using it it should be possible to connect the output
of zyaddsubfx to soundtracker, but I just opened soundtracker and I
don't see any way to record stuff in it (maybe it is there somewhere, of
course). It may be better to explore muse, rosegarden or ardour for
recording from other apps.

-- Fernando