[PlanetCCRMA] snd-intel8x0 loaded WITH sound on FC3...fixed

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Mon Mar 14 14:39:01 2005

> I finally fixed my sound...after finding some info from archives of the
> Linux Kernel Mailing List
>

> All I had to do was:
>
>> Turn off 'Headphone Jack Sense' and 'Line Jack Sense' mixer switches
>> if they are on.
>
> The 'Headphone Jack Sense' is left on by default when I run alsamixer.
> Thinking it harmless, I left it on....
>
> The bug is listed at:
>
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=852

This doesn't work for me.  I did the following:

Ran alsamixer and turned "Headphone Jack Sense" off - "Line Jack Sense"
was already off
/usr/sbin/alsactl store
/etc/init.d/alsasound stop
/etc/init.d/alsasound start

And got the same errors again.

Was there anymore detail on the bug listing that I missed?  (I don't have
an account at alsa-project.org)

PJH