[PlanetCCRMA] t41p sound card

Nick Malnati Nick Malnati <nmalnati@gmail.com>
Tue Mar 8 09:36:01 2005

Hi-

I'm trying to setup my sound card and need some help.

When I run '/usr/sbin/alsaconf', it detects I have the following card:
intel8x0  Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio

My '/etc/modprobe.conf' is the following:
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
alias ath0 ath_pci
alias eth0 e1000

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.8 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

I then get a screen that blue screen that says:
                      │
          │
                      │                   ALSA  CONFIGURATOR
          │
                      │
          │
                      │           will prepare the card for playing
now.         │
                      │
          │
                      │      Now I'll run alsasound init script, then
I'll use   │
                      │      amixer to raise the default volumes.
          │
                      │      You can change the volume later via a
mixer         │
                      │      program such as alsamixer or gamix.

Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0                         [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0                         [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1267: No
soundcards found...
                                                           [FAILED]

I am still a newbie.  Any ideas what I should do to get sound working?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Nick