[PlanetCCRMA] pd, alsa, fc3, SB audigy

Michael Gurevich gurevich@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 7 02:36:01 2005

yo yo yo,

First time caller, fresh off the farm without Nando to fix everything for
me :-( So instead of bugging him privately, I might as well distribute the
whining. Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find it in the
archives.

Anyway - brand new FC3 and planetccrma install on a dell P4, with a SB
Audigy 2ZS. Using kernel 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrmasmp.

When I run pd -alsa and run a test tone I get periodic I/O errors that
result in dropouts. The dropouts get steadily closer together until all I
hear is a nice steady stream of glitches. Everything seems to work fine
with Jack. Any thoughts, (other than the obvious "don't use -alsa, use
-jack").

cheers.