[PlanetCCRMA] terminatorX not opening wav, mp3

kittycat@kittycatonline.com kittycat@kittycatonline.com
Sun Jan 30 22:11:02 2005

I'm a pretty new CCRMA user, and a novice Linux user to boot, so the
typical statements apply.

I have installed the FC1 CCRMA package, and have dome some preliminary
tinkering with Ardour. One of my favorite sound apps is terminatorX. I
am not able to get terminatorX to recognize any sound files.

If I attempt to open either an .mp3 or .wav file with terminatorX, I get
"Failed to open file {path}". Just to be sure the issue isn't a
permissions one, I did a CHMOD 777 on the .wav and .mp3s files, with no
luck. I am running terminatorX as non-root.

Out of frustration, I uninstalled terminatorX, and downloaded the source
from terminatorx.cx. I was unable to build it, since there is apparently
no gcc available via Synaptix and the Planet CCRMA FC1 disks; and I lack
sufficient Linux knowledge to know how to get gcc on any other way other
than my other failed attempts.

I do suspect that was a futile effort anyway, and that the real issue
won't be fixed by rebuilding from source.

Does anybody have suggestions or a recipie on what I can do to get
terminatorX to work with the CCRMA FC1 build?