[PlanetCCRMA] alsa & audiophile 192

cage a9830608@unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 28 14:26:01 2005

Hi there!

Today I got myself a M-Audio Audiophile 192. I'm running the latest
planetccrma-edge-kernel (version 2.6.10-0.4.rdt) on FC3. Everything
works fine with my old Maxisound Fortissimo. Obviously alsa refuses to
work with the new card.

alsaconf does its job without complaints, then the probs start.
Playing back soundfiles and/or using any softsynth end up with a
far too loud and distorted sound. I've tried to decrease the volume
by firing up alsamixer: Several sliders are missing, muting has no
effect at all.

I've checked the soundcard-matrix at the alsa project page. envy24ht
is supported, unfortunately envy24control works with ice1712 only.

Does anyone experienced similar problems with this card or knows how to
fix that?

Thanks, cage