[PlanetCCRMA] remove .rdt packages from apt-get update (wont boot)

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Fri Jan 28 13:05:02 2005

Hi Fernando. I have a problem with the .rdt kernel packages. 2.6.9-2.2rdt
wouldn't boot with an IRQ14 (IDE controller 1) bug. Same with 2.6.10-0.1.rdt.
Is there a way to remove them off the apt-get dist-upgrade as DLing 40MB+ on
dial-up seems a bit pointless as they wont boot on my hardware (It's these
cheap pre-installed Evil Empires XP machines). All the other kernels are ok
on FC1 and FC2. I'm working with apt on the command line not synaptic. If
this is easier on synaptic I'll use that. Perhaps you could explain what it
is with the .rdt kernels that might be causing this problem.
Machine is Aifriend with a Celeron 1300MHZ processor and 1GB RAM. Audigy2
soundblaster sound card.  Nigel.