[PlanetCCRMA] remove .rdt packages from apt-get update (wont boot)

Fri Jan 28 13:15:02 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 14:10, nigel henry wrote:
> Hi Fernando. I have a problem with the .rdt kernel packages. 2.6.9-2.2rdt
> wouldn't boot with an IRQ14 (IDE controller 1) bug. Same with 2.6.10-0.1.rdt.
> Is there a way to remove them off the apt-get dist-upgrade as DLing 40MB+ on
> dial-up seems a bit pointless as they wont boot on my hardware (It's these
> cheap pre-installed Evil Empires XP machines).

Do you have planetccrma-core-edge package installed? If so, just remove
it, that's probably what is pulling the newer versions in.

Or maybe it is alsa itself (no new versions for those kernels). Anyway,
you could, if you wanted, erase those kernels and the matching
kernel-module-alsa packages.

> All the other kernels are ok
> on FC1 and FC2. I'm working with apt on the command line not synaptic. If
> this is easier on synaptic I'll use that. Perhaps you could explain what it
> is with the .rdt kernels that might be causing this problem.
> Machine is Aifriend with a Celeron 1300MHZ processor and 1GB RAM. Audigy2
> soundblaster sound card.  Nigel.

> Did a dist-upgrade today and got the new kernel 2.6.9-2.2 rdt.rhfc2
> ccrma and some other stuff, alsa upgrades etc. Boot gets to. Booting
> kernel, then Initialisation, the a screen full of.
> Bug: Scheduling while atomic: IRQ14/0x00000001/297.

Do you know what chipset the machine uses?
-- Fernando