[PlanetCCRMA] I've really mucked up my jack installation

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Thu Jan 27 07:55:01 2005

Redhat 9 Planet CCRMA install, using 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma kernel.

I was having a very strange issue with ardour, thought it might be an
underlying jack issue, and decided to fetch the CVS version of jack and
install it.  Configure to use --prefix=/usr to overwrite the Planet CCRMA
rpm files, built, installed, had jackstart issues, built and installed
jackstart, still permission issues starting.  Ick.

No problem, I decide to punt and go back to the Planet's version.

# rpm --erase --nodeps jack-audio-connection-kit-0.99.0-2.rh90.ccrma \
     jack-audio-connection-kit-example-clients-0.99.0-2.rh90.ccrma \
     jack-audio-connection-kit-devel-0.99.0-2.rh90.ccrma
Deleting jack tmpfs fstab entry...

# apt-get install jack-audio-connection-kit \
   jack-audio-connection-kit-example-clients jack-audio-connection-kit-devel

# exit
% jackstart -R -p512 -dalsa -dice1712 -r44100 -p256 -n2 -zs -H -M
back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackd 0.99.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Segmentation fault

Damn, I've really hosed myself here.  Does anyone know off the top of
their head how I can fix this, short of taking this opportunity to move
to FC1?

(Or, conversely, how can install jack from CVS with a working jackstart?)

Thanks!