[PlanetCCRMA] MMC/clock or MTC sync anyone?

Frank van de Pol fvdpol@coil.demon.nl
Tue Jan 25 00:15:02 2005

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:00:55PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Anyone know what MIDI Beat Clock is? Pro Tools can also generate this.
> It's apparently used to time plugins that can accept it.
>=20

MIDI Clock is a synchronisation method to get the song position follow a
certain master track. When using this the master sends out MIDI Clock
messages (0xf8) at a rate of 24 messages per quarter note. The timing
reference is purely relative to tempo and measure, and does provide
information about transport time expressed in seconds or sample frames.
If the tempo of the music goes up, the rate of MIDI Clock will follow
accordingly.

Though the MIDI Clock is perfectly usefull for synchronising tempo related
things (drum machines, MIDI sequencers, arpeggiators, delays etc.), it won't
help you get your DAWs running in sync.

hope this helps,
Frank.

--=20
| Frank van de Pol                  -o)    A-L-S-A
| FvdPol@coil.demon.nl              /\\  Sounds good!
| http://www.alsa-project.org      _\_v
| Linux - Why use Windows if we have doors available?

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--