[PlanetCCRMA] radeon 9700 fc3

samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 16:08:01 2005

yea I figured it was worth a shot. ATI ..... big mistake I think.

I did find this workaround but I am not convinced:

In some cases, the kernel source is the correct version, but the necessary
dependencies are missing. In this case, it may be possible to workaround
the error as follows (you must become root first):

    1. cd /usr/src/linux

    2. Copy your existing kernel options into the source tree as folows:
        cp /boot/config-`uname -r` /usr/src/linux/.config

    3. Generate the kernel Makefiles using these settings as follows:
        make oldconfig

    4. Generate dependencies as follows:

        * For kernel 2.4: make dep
        * For kernel 2.6: make

    5. Restart the system

    6. Rebuild and reinstall the kernel module

Thanks for you help on this one. I cant find usr/src/linux so I give up
for now.

cheers

Dominic