[PlanetCCRMA] MMC/clock or MTC sync anyone?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Jan 24 13:02:01 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:46:07 -0800, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:16:34 -0800 (PST), R Parker <rtp405@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > What is the "external sequencer" device?
> >
> > ron
>
> Pro Tools.
>
> Can I tell Ardour to follow Pro Tools transport? I haven't tried as I
> thought Ardour could only be the master.
>
> - Mark

Answering self partially, apparently no. Ardour may follow MIDI Time
Clock (MTC) if it's configured to do that AND it receives MTC, but
Ardour does not respond to MIDI Machine Control. (MMC) IT is
apparently MMC that carries the transport info?

Anyone know what MIDI Beat Clock is? Pro Tools can also generate this.
It's apparently used to time plugins that can accept it.

- MArk