[PlanetCCRMA] Monitoring In Ardour

R Parker rtp405@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 18:24:18 2005

--- Rick Sutphin <sutphinc@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Ardour on FC3 using a SoundBlaster sound
> card.
>
> I would like to be able monitor what is being
> recorded on headphones. I
> have a small 8 channel Berhinger mixing board, but
> it does not have seem
> the capability to do this. Is there anyway I can do
> this in Ardour?

Options, Misc includes Hardware and Software
monitoring. Your best option is to monitor live
sources and returns at the Berhinger and not use
either of these. Software monitoring introduces
latency issues and hardware tells the same story that
monitoring Inputs on the Berhinger does.

Latency shouldn't be an issue while overdubing but
Ardour does have Options, Sync with "Recorded Audio is
Generated 'Outside This Computer'".

ron