[PlanetCCRMA] Installing FC3 cdroms

Sun Jan 23 18:21:02 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 16:11, Ken Taylor wrote:
> I have been trying to install FC3 on my computer
> It is a intel 800, with a 20 gig hard drive, DVD player and 256 Meg menory.
>
> I have been able to load three of the Fedora FC3 disk. (buy the way it didn't ask for the forth disk?)
>
> The computers loads and runs FC3.  I then follow in instruction for install in to ths point.
>
> "For Fedora Core 3 you should use this line instead (the default mount point for cdrom drives has changed and that change has not been yet incorporated in the apt package - make sure you use the proper mount point, look for it in the /media subdirectory):
>
> apt-cdrom -cdrom=/media/cdrom add"
>
> It doesn't work I get the following message.
> "[root@Knoppix ~]# apt-cdrom -cdrom=/media/cdrom add
> E: Opening configuration file drom=/media/cdrom - ifstream::ifstream (2 No such file or directory)
> [root@Knoppix ~]# apt-cdrom -cdrom=/media/cdrom add
> E: Opening configuration file drom=/media/cdrom - ifstream::ifstream (2 No such file or directory)
>
> What us the command for adding Adding the Planet CCRMA cdroms to apt using a DVD player?

Sorry, that's a typo in the web page (due to latex needing an additional
"-" that I forgot), will be fixed soon. The option is "--cdrom". You can
usually find out this kind of stuff through the man pages, typing "man
apt-cdrom" should show the man page and that will have all options
detailed.

-- Fernando