[PlanetCCRMA] about alsa,ardour & audacity

Carlos Pino pino-jazz@telefonica.net
Sun Jan 23 13:39:01 2005

   hello from Spain.
   first of all, thanks very much Fernando por la enorme labor que
realizas y ,sobre todo,por tu  gran generosidad (sorry but I can't find
words in english to explain enought).

   This is my first mail to the list .
   Using Planet CCRMA over Fc-3 on a Pentium IV 2.6 Ghz ,Terratec DMX6
Fire.
   A couple of questions:
     1.- Each time I login and launch qjackctl I have this message :

> 22:01:33.001 Patchbay deactivated.
>  22:01:33.044 Statistics reset.
>  22:01:33.047 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay
> will be not available.
>  ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
> existe el fichero o el directorio

  After run /sbin/alsaconf  everything goes fine and not problem till
the next login that ,again, the same .How to do to solve this?

 2.- Running ardour can't read nor write anything on the track names
field of the editor ,but I can do it right on the mixer.The same happens
on the help/about splash screen of audacity,and first time I run it the
"choose language" field appears blank .I'm thinking about locale
configuration but ,after google for this ,I haven't found nothing to
help me (I come from Debian-agnula/DeMuDi an dpkg-reconfigure locale is
the command to arrange this).Any help is wellcome.

    Sorry about my english.

   Muchas gracias.
   Saludos.