[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Ardour not fast enough?

Fri Jan 21 16:40:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 16:30, Timo Sivula wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 00:09, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Freeverb has known problems with denormals. Are you running on a Pentium
> > 4 machine? If so that could be the problem. When you stop feeding
> > signals to freeverb and the reverb decays to almost zero the cpu load
> > will go up substantially.
>
> Indeed! I replaced Freeverb with the TAP reverbator in the master reverb
> strip and behold: the error is gone!
>
> Very sad, Freeverb is such a good reverb.

I agree. Perhaps one of the dsp gurus (hint hint!) in the list will want
to take a look at the source? There are only a couple of places where
the denormal code is needed, it is actually there but for some unknown
reason it is not working. At some point I added a patch for that but it
did not work either. Working patches gladly accepted!!

-- Fernando