[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 and Promise IDE drivers

Fri Jan 21 16:32:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 16:06, Stefano Cavallari wrote:
> Il mer, 2005-01-19 alle 18:27, Stefano Cavallari ha scritto:
> > I run Fedora Core 2 + PlanetCCRMA, kernel 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma
> >
> > This kernel doesn't recognize my 2nd and 3rd ide interfaces, because it
> > says they are disabled by bios.
> [...]
>
> ok it seems to be CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE which should be set to "yes"
> Can the next version of PlanetCCRMA kernel be compiled with this option
> enabled?
> It's Fedora Core default, so I think it should be PlanetCCRMA default as
> well.

Hmmm, this is what I have from the last (just released) kernel:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_OLD=y
# CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y
# CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE is not set

I just checked and the difference is that CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE=y in the
latest fc3 kernel.

I first set that to off on a Dec 29 build (it appeared as a new option
on that build): Enable controller even if disabled by BIOS
(PDC202XX_FORCE) [N/y/?] (NEW) n

Anyway, I'll obviously change this in the next build, I try to stay as
close as I can to the original fc configuration.

-- Fernando