[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1071 - 2 msgs

Chris Synan csynan@dataworlds.com
Thu Jan 20 22:30:01 2005

Hi,

I just got the 1.0.8 alsa from "edge" and looks like my layla20 is
recognized in lspci etc.  the module is loaded as well,

when i bring up the echomixer and play an mp3 i can see the levels
moving, so i know i am close.

but i get no sound, and the red hat soundcard detector does not find the
sound card.

I have outputs 9 & 10 on the card going into an AV deck.  I guess the
part I'm missing is how to tell the system to send the audio output to
outputs 9 & 10.  or if they default to, say, 1 & 2, then that would be
fine also, but i dont know how to assign this.

I would like the sound card to work as both my recording rig and just
for system sounds like playing music or watching movie etc.  so thats
why i feel like the redhat soundcard detector should be able to
recognize this hardware.

Any thoughts or help very much appreciated!

chris