[PlanetCCRMA] Need "options" for /etc/modprobe.conf for audigy(hw0) and USB keyboard (hw1)

Sun Jan 16 15:47:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:04, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:59, nigel henry wrote:
> > Hi all. Thanks to the help from so many of you folks I've almost got the whole
> > planetccrma setup working with the native FC2 stuff as well.
> > The last problem on FC2 is setting the options in /etc/modprobe.conf.
> > At the moment the verbose details on bootup says Alsa driver already started
> > before the other sound stuff is OK'd. In reality it's detecting the USB  Midi
> > keyboard as a card and setting it as (hw0).  Audigy soundcard (emu10k1) is
> > being then set as (hw1) and none of the native FC2 sounds, Musicplayer,
> > Noatun, Alsaplayer (unless that is accessed through  Jack) will work.
> > If I boot up with, either the USB disconnected, or the keyboards power
> > switched off Alsa will start correctly with Audigy set as (hw0). Then I can
> > either plug in the USB for the keyboard or just switch it on and it will show
> > up in Hydrogens Midi menu for instance, and is listed in cat
> > /proc/asound/cards as the second card, where it should be.
> > I would the syntax for setting the options in /etc/modprobe.conf and where
> > exactly to put them, for the Audigy soundcard (default) =0 and the Evolution
> > 225C midi keyboard =1. Thanks in advance, nearly there.
>
> I have not tried this on fc2, but probably the line to add is similar
> to:
>
> options snd-intel8x0 index=1
>
> Replace snd-intel8x0 with your soundcard driver, "index" is zero based.

Ok, so I finally got a few minutes to boot into FC2 at home and try this
out. This solution works for me and should (I think) for you (remove the
section you have in /etc/modprobe.conf that says it was generated by
alsaconf, it is not needed):

After this line:
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
Add this line:
options snd-emu10k1 index=0

Then add these two lines before the "alias usb-controller ..." line:
alias-snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

This is telling the alsa subsystem to always load the usb driver at slot
"1" and the Emu card at slot "0" (the first one). Seems to work fine
here with my laptop and an external midi keyboard that has a usb
interface.

-- Fernando