[PlanetCCRMA] SELinux and apt-get --- FC3

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Sat Jan 15 11:47:02 2005

--------------080509050204030407080901

Brad Fuller wrote:

> I'm finally back to installing FC3-ccrma.
> I'm at the very beginning after reformatting and trying to install
> apt-get from Fernando's new FC3 script.
> When trying to install apt-get i received numerous errors like:
>
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contents: invalid context
> system_u:object_r;default_t on line number 52
>
> I trust this is not the list to ask, so please point me to where I may
> ask. But, if you know what these errors are can you reply? I assume it
> has something to do with selinux, but I know nothing about this new
> smancy-fancy thing.

Seems I fixed this. For those of you who have this problem. There are
TWO places that you have to disable selinux. Why, I don't know. But,
this thread:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1876.html

states that you must have
    SELINUX=disabled
in
    /etc/sysconfig/selinux

Which I do.

Someone also states in the thread that:
"The line in grub.conf should be selinux=0"

which I didn't.

I added this to my kernel line and rebooted. This fixed the problem

brad

--------------080509050204030407080901

<head>
</head>
Brad Fuller wrote:
back to installing FC3-ccrma.<br>
I'm at the very beginning after reformatting and trying to install
apt-get from Fernando's new FC3 script.<br>
When trying to install apt-get i received numerous errors like:<br>
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contents: invalid context
system_u:object_r;default_t on line number 52<br>
I trust this is not the list to ask, so please point me to where I may
ask. But, if you know what these errors are can you reply? I assume it
has something to do with selinux, but I know nothing about this new
smancy-fancy thing.<br>
Seems I fixed this. For those of you who have this problem. There are
TWO places that you have to disable selinux. Why, I don't know. But,
this thread:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1876.html">http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1876.html</a><br>
states that you must have <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SELINUX=disabled<br>
in <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /etc/sysconfig/selinux<br>
Which I do.<br>
Someone also states in the thread that:<br>
"The line in grub.conf should be selinux=0"<br>
which I didn't.<br>
I added this to my kernel line and rebooted. This fixed the problem<br>
brad<br>

--------------080509050204030407080901--