[PlanetCCRMA] Need "options" for /etc/modprobe.conf for audigy(hw0) and USB keyboard (hw1)

Fri Jan 14 13:05:02 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:59, nigel henry wrote:
> Hi all. Thanks to the help from so many of you folks I've almost got the whole
> planetccrma setup working with the native FC2 stuff as well.
> The last problem on FC2 is setting the options in /etc/modprobe.conf.
> At the moment the verbose details on bootup says Alsa driver already started
> before the other sound stuff is OK'd. In reality it's detecting the USB  Midi
> keyboard as a card and setting it as (hw0).  Audigy soundcard (emu10k1) is
> being then set as (hw1) and none of the native FC2 sounds, Musicplayer,
> Noatun, Alsaplayer (unless that is accessed through  Jack) will work.
> If I boot up with, either the USB disconnected, or the keyboards power
> switched off Alsa will start correctly with Audigy set as (hw0). Then I can
> either plug in the USB for the keyboard or just switch it on and it will show
> up in Hydrogens Midi menu for instance, and is listed in cat
> /proc/asound/cards as the second card, where it should be.
> I would the syntax for setting the options in /etc/modprobe.conf and where
> exactly to put them, for the Audigy soundcard (default) =0 and the Evolution
> 225C midi keyboard =1. Thanks in advance, nearly there.

I have not tried this on fc2, but probably the line to add is similar
to:

options snd-intel8x0 index=1

Replace snd-intel8x0 with your soundcard driver, "index" is zero based.
-- Fernando