[PlanetCCRMA] multi card fc2

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Jan 14 08:54:02 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:37:11 -0800 (PST), Sean Edwards
<cybersean3000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you have any multimedia plugins for your browser?
> It could be that one of the plug-ins or does not play
> well with alsa, or the multi-media features of your
> browser in general conflicts with alsa.  Have you
> tried setting your browser to use an alsa utility for
> multimedia, such as alsaplayer?
>
> -=Sean Edwards=-

This isn're really a problem with playing CDs, etc., but rather a
problem that I'm just browsing from web page ot web page and the HDSP
9652's outgoing ADAT clock gets corrupted. If I don't run the browser
it will run for hours with no issues.

Sounds like good ideas Sean, but I don't know how to figure this out.
In Mozilla 's Proferences dialog I don't find anything about these
settings. Where is it hidden?

That said, it seems completely incorrect to me that Mozilla should be
allowed by Alsa to change stuff like this. This is a hardware setting
and Mozilla should not be communicating it's clock preferences to all
the devices on my audio network, or at least there should be a setting
that allows me to lock it down in Alsa.

Cheers,
Mark