[PlanetCCRMA] Jack start

hungry ghost hg@web-links.net
Fri Jan 14 01:58:02 2005

Hi
 I have tried to set up an .asoundrc file in my home dir .asoundrc
as:

pcm.rme {
     type hw
      card 1
  }

  ctl.rme {
     type hw
     card 1
***************************

I know card 1 is the rme
But jack complains

[root@puma ~]# jackstart -R -d alsa -d rme
jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackstart: could not give capabilities: Operation not permitted
jackd 0.99.36
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... rme|rme|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
ALSA lib pcm.c:1977:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rme
ALSA lib pcm.c:1977:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rme
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for playback. Falling back to
capture-only  mode
cannot load driver module alsa
Segmentation fault
[root@puma ~]# jackstart -R -d alsa -d rme
jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
           =ep cap_setpcap-ep
    probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
    a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

I'm using the lastest kernel from Planet

Cheers
Bobn