[PlanetCCRMA] Trouble installing 'apt' from a fresh CCRMA FC2 install

Kevin Ernste kevine@esm.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:06:01 2005

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/2/i386/apt-0.5.15cnc6-1.rhfc2.ccrma.i386.rpm

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:33:37 -0500 (EST), ch9@umbc.edu <ch9@umbc.edu> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I know just enough about Linux to be dangerous to myself and others, but
> *have* successfully done a Planet CCRMA install a while back using RH9.
>
> I hope someone can help me figure out how to get going with Fedora Core 2.
>
> I downloaded and verified the FC2 images from:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html
>
> The 'workstation' install is uneventful, and adding the GPG key goes fine.
>  But when I try to install apt like this:
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/rpms/apt-0.5.15cnc6-2.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm

If you installed from Fernando's iso's, I think you should already
have apt.  Have a look with:

rpm -qa | grep apt

Otherwise yes, the error you are seeing has to do with a lib version
that is in FC3 not FC2, the correct rpm is at:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/2/i386/apt-0.5.15cnc6-1.rhfc2.ccrma.i386.rpm

...as described here:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installapt.html#SECTION00032200000000000000

Best,