[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA freezes on BioStar MC7CD

Rick Sutphin sutphinc@bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 8 17:17:01 2005

Hello,

I have been trying, unsucessfully, to get planet ccrma to run stablely
on a Biostar M7NCD motherboard with and AMD 3200+.

I have tried FC1, FC2, and FC3 (I originally suspected that driver
support for the board might not be mature) with the same results. The
installation goes fine with no problems, But when the computer sits
unattended it will completely lock-up to the point where it has to be
reset. And when the system is restarted, the mouse pointer is very jerky
with a great deal of lag between mouse movement and movement of the
mouse pointer.

I have checked through /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg, but did not
see anything that looked out of the ordinary.

At this point, I am not even sure what it is that is crashing X, the
kernel, or something else. So I am not sure, other than the obligatory
goole search, where to start with trouble-shooting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick