[PlanetCCRMA] Rebuilding Kernel 2.6.10

Janina Sajka janina@rednote.net
Fri Jan 7 18:30:02 2005

Saul Lethbridge writes:
> Ok...I need to rebuild my kernel to install my audio card driver. However I
> haven't had much help/luck so far. I have installed
> kernel-2.6.10-2.1.ll.src.rpm - I was told that this should put a
> corresponding spec file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS - however after installing
> (I'm not convinced it actually did as it isnt' listed as installed in
> synaptic) the only spec file I have is kernel.spec

That is what it's called. If you open and read it, you might find
yourself convinced.

However, if you're unclear about such things, are you rather for the
rather arcane task of kernel compilation? What audio card driver--and
how is recompiling supposed to help you?

In other words, there might be a very good reason why it's not there,
especially as the Planet kernels are aimed at audio work.