[PlanetCCRMA] upgrade questions RH8->FC3

Diemo Schwarz Diemo.Schwarz@ircam.fr
Fri Jan 7 02:18:01 2005

bob wrote:
> HI Just doing it now!
[...]
> What do you all need in the way of info?
> and I'll post it later.

Great!

What distribution version are you starting from?

What is your method:
- from FC3 (+Planet?) CDs, or
- via apt

I just stumbled over the following mail in my list backlog, suggesting the CD
method (from RH9, if that makes any difference).  Jamie, did your upgrade work out?

								...Diemo

bob wrote:
> Cant get sound from my VIA/97 card on the mobo and this did work in the
> FC3 install.
> /proc/asound/
> seems to see both cards my via 97 and the RME
> I note the RME showing synch with the Fostex
>
> Just a thought
> What do you all need in the way of info?
> and I'll post it later.
>
> Also the RME seems to have a GUI showing in Gnome
> But it doesn't do anything when I try start it.
> I'm using the latest test kernel at the moment

[...]

--
Diemo Schwarz, Ph.D.  --  http://www.ircam.fr/anasyn/schwarz
Real-Time Applications Team  --  http://www.ircam.fr/equipes/temps-reel