[PlanetCCRMA] New FC3 Kernel Source..

Sat Jan 1 18:14:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 17:43, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 01 Jan 2005 17:30:17 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
>

> > Install planetccrma-core, that will being in rtload and rtirq (rtirq is
> > not really used but it is still there). "rtload" is the one that will
> > load the lsm module, which has changed names (used to be "realcap", is
> > now "realtime").
> >
> > After realtime loads you should be able to just run "jackd" (not even
> > necessary to use "jackstart" any more, although it will work fine after
> > complaining a bit about capabilities).
> >

> Thanks. This worked and now Jack will start. The next difference I
> seem to be looking at is the /proc/irq/###/device/threaded variable is
> not showing up so I cannot set my sound card IRQ to non-threaded.
>
> Has the process for doing this changed?

That's part of Ingo Molnar's realtime patchset, which is not present on
vanilla 2.6.10 (which is what the 2.6.10 based kernel is, mostly). If
you want the best possible latency performance and the irq tuning stuff
you should run the "older" (in the sense of version) 2.6.9 rdt kernel.
If you don't have it you can install it by installing the meta package
planetccrma-core-edge. The downside is that it does not work (yet) on
some hardware.

-- Fernando