[PlanetCCRMA] New FC3 Kernel Source..

Sat Jan 1 17:31:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 17:14, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Fernando,
>    Hi. I updated my FC2 machine today. I hadn't been paying enough
> attention about 2.6.10 but saw it here so it seemed like a good thing
> to try.
>
>    I've now booted a new kernel
>
> [mark@Godzilla mark]$ uname -r
> 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma
>
> but when I go to start Jack it's not working like the 2.6.9 kernel
> did. No LSM possibly? Jack: unable to mlock() port buffers. Cannot
> allocate memory.
>
> I'll go back to the previous kernel until I hear more.

Install planetccrma-core, that will being in rtload and rtirq (rtirq is
not really used but it is still there). "rtload" is the one that will
load the lsm module, which has changed names (used to be "realcap", is
now "realtime").

After realtime loads you should be able to just run "jackd" (not even
necessary to use "jackstart" any more, although it will work fine after
complaining a bit about capabilities).

-- Fernando