[PlanetCCRMA] Error from current CCRMA Alsa rpm

Janina Sajka janina@rednote.net
Thu Feb 24 15:33:00 2005

Hi, Fernando:

I'm not sure if this is me or CCRMA, but I have just installed FC3 on a
new Thinkpad X31, then used apt-get to install the latest FC3 CCRMA
kernel and various ALSA packages. In addition to the builtin SoundMax on
this machine, I have the original Echo Indigo in the PCMCIA slot on this
system. alsamixer allows me to adjust for both cards, but attempts to
play via aplay give me:

ALSA lib conf.c:2792:(snd_config_hook_load)
"/usr/share/alsa/cards/Echoaudio Indig.conf" is not a word
ALSA lib conf.c:2672:(snd_config_hooks_call) function
snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib pcm.c:1947:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM default
definition (id: default, value: cards.pcm.default)
arecord: main:508: audio open error: Invalid argument

So, did someone's fingers slip on the keys?