[PlanetCCRMA] Edirol UA-1D - optical spdif out -> stereo receiver

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Wed Feb 16 04:00:01 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:02:11 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure what "keeping the cost low" means, its $200, but this box is
> very good: http://www.slimdevices.com/ open source, spdif out, good remote
> and UI, ethernet or wireless.  Not affiliated to compary, blah blah, just
> a happy customer. I have 2 of them.

I have one of these too, and love it!  It allowed me to replace the
laptop I had slaved to the receiver in the living room.  I can't
say enough good things about this.

Plus, the server side as well as a SoftSqueeze package that allows playing
the same signal as the squeeze box on other computers are both open source.