[PlanetCCRMA] Edirol UA-1D - optical spdif out -> stereo receiver

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Feb 16 06:17:01 2005

Joe and Steve,
   Thanks for the info. Very interesting little device.

   What software are you guys using to streamthe audio to these
devices? Is this what all the 'shoutcast' threads on other lists are
about? A bit expensive for my needs as I Started looking at a
dedicated Shuttle computer with a hard drive that would act as a
backup solution for the house. That runs about $300 and has optical
spdif but I don't know what the sound card is and hence don't know if
it is Alsa compatible.

   This could be a very nice solution though. I'll start looking at it
in more depth.

Thanks,
Mark