[PlanetCCRMA] Re: JACK isn't getting realtime

Neil Klepeis nklepeis@sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 13 13:23:02 2005

I also cannot get realtime going with JACK on FC3.   I'm using the rdt
kernel with jackd, but I get an error message (jack_create_thread: error
-1 switching current thread to rt for inheritance: Unknown error
4294967295), and no apps can connect to JACK.

"/etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload status" gives:
Realtime kernel module is loaded, current parameters are:
   any=1; gid=-1; mlock=1

My only conclusion is that there might be a hardware/driver conflict (?).

--Neil

Fernando wrote:
 >If the kernel is one of the rdt series (latest is 2.6.10-0.5.rdt) and if
 >you installed the kernel through the planetccrma-core-* meta packages
 >then you should have the rtload script active that loads the realtime
 >kernel module. See if the module is loaded:
 >
 >  /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload status
 >
 >If you are using the "normal" 2.6.10 kernel you also have to have the
 >realtime module loaded.

[...]