[PlanetCCRMA] Re: JACK isn't getting realtime

Mon Feb 14 11:06:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 13:22, Neil Klepeis wrote:
> I also cannot get realtime going with JACK on FC3.   I'm using the rdt
> kernel with jackd, but I get an error message (jack_create_thread: error
> -1 switching current thread to rt for inheritance: Unknown error
> 4294967295), and no apps can connect to JACK.
>
> "/etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload status" gives:
> Realtime kernel module is loaded, current parameters are:
>    any=1; gid=-1; mlock=1
>
> My only conclusion is that there might be a hardware/driver conflict (?).

I have not seen anything like this. Did you install jack manually at
some point? There may be conflicts with leftover files that are not
compatible with the packaged ones.

What's the history of the machine? A fresh fc3 install? Updates?
-- Fernando