[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 2 and 3 support

Brian Panulla bpanulla@psu.edu
Wed Feb 9 10:20:01 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:44:05 -0500, William M. Quarles <walrus@bellsouth.net>

> > That people not subscribed to the announcements list do not get
> > announcements unless announcements go to both lists.
>
> So people should subscribe to the announcements list.  Fernando can
> present both lists on the site in the same place for new subscriptions,
> and transfer the existing subscriptions over to the new list.  I don't
> see where the problem lies.

I agree.... most software products I use follow this model: a
productname-announce list and a productname-talk list or something of
the sort. Most people would wind up on both lists at first -- you
could probably copy the main list to start. As long as you announced
the migration very loudly and gave people enought time to update their
mail filters, I can't see a problem with this.

Another alternative could be an RSS feed for the changelog that people
could subscribe to. Never actually done this, despite my career as a
Web developer, so I don't know how hard it is. :) I'd be willing to
help figure one out if there's interest.

-B