[PlanetCCRMA] still some prob with multiface

samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 13:50:02 2005

Hey I think it finds the firmware now

the modprobe.conf file now looks like this:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hdsp
remove snd-hdsp { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hdsp
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0

I can open the hdspconf no problem but I cant get a sound out of the
multiface. alsamixer shows that it is still automatically starting the
onboard card on boot

When I stop and start alsasound I get this:

restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state: 1267 no
soundcards found

is there an adjustment I need to make to my conf file? I feel like its
almost there now. I really appreciate your help I am learning so much as I
go along with this.

dominic