[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden 0.9.91 hangs

Frode Petersen fropeter@online.no
Tue Feb 1 06:28:02 2005

Frode Petersen wrote:

 > I think this is the problem. There is no /dev/snd/seq (I suspect that
to be the correct device name for the sequencer). I suppose some module
isn't loaded for some reason, but how do I go about finding out why?
Maybe I could load the module manually to see whether there is a
problem; I would need to know the name of that module though.

These are the devices I have in /dev/snd. In addition there is a device
called /dev/sound (Also marked with permissions crw--..; What does the c
mean?)

[root@localhost ~]# lsa /dev/snd/
totalt 0
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  root     260 jan 31 03:39 ./
drwxr-xr-x  10 root  root    5080 jan 31 02:40 ../
crw-------   1 frode root 116,  0 jan 31 03:39 controlC0
crw-------   1 frode root 116, 32 jan 31 03:39 controlC1
crw-------   1 frode root 116, 24 jan 31 03:39 pcmC0D0c
crw-------   1 frode root 116, 16 jan 31 03:39 pcmC0D0p